Monday, March 4, 2013

Movie Monday: Beautiful Creatures Book + Movie Review

I can admit one thing. When it comes to this series, some people say read and some say ehh. It depends on you. For me, the book can get really interesting when you first read it. I remembered when I first got it during 6-7th grade at a book fair and everybody gawked at me because I had the guts to read a block-sized book in two weeks. Then it took until 2012 for me to get the rest of the books.

When it comes to this series, you either read or you don't. My friend Sophia said she had to force herself through the series. For me, I easily read it the first time but it got boring after I read it a couple of more times. The first book is about a mortal boy who meets a caster girl who tries to stop her mother. The second book is like eh. I didn't like how Lena acted in the second book. The end of the third book and the beginning of the fourth really pulled my heart strings, and I think I was about to cry during reading.

The movie was pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that they cut so much. They cut out important scenes, personalities, and characters. I felt like they were too busy of wanting to finish this and get over with. But that's just the opinion of somebody who read the series. If you haven't read the books or seen the movie and your wondering if it's worth your money, the answer is yes. For both readers and non-readers, you can't expect most things of the book to happen because its unexpected.

So, I give the series four Nerdy Cats and the movie three Nerdy Cats. I'm glad to finally watch this movie and to finally make this post. It's been so many months since I wanted to get to work on this post.

Also, I think I realized something. Yesterday I was thinking deeply and maybe, when a book is turned into a movie, not only do they want to keep it short but maybe, they want to give the audience some unexpected things. So the people who read the books won't be like "Oh here's the part where so and so kills so and so". I don't know, maybe its my mystical, wondering chiz. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment