Sunday, February 17, 2013

Starbuck Sunday: Divergent by Veronica Roth

 I admit, the first four chapters were like eh. But at the fifth chapter, my heart was pounding. It was so unexpected to see Caleb choose another faction. But with Beatrice, it was obvious she was picking Dauntless. So each faction is separate. One is selflessness, bravery and risky, honest, smart, and kindness. You get to choose which faction you get to be in at sixteen by an aptitude test. Your results are based on personality. Imagine that happened to you. Which faction would you choose? For me it would be hard to choose. And if you fail the initiation, you end up faction less. The faction less are basically hobos.

So, Beatrice passes the initiation by being the first one to jump seven stories. Isn't that crazy? And when you transfer factions, you start fresh. New faction, new name, new life. So she decides her name to be Tris. (Personally, I like Tris better) So, throughout initiation, she faces some problems but she gets to find the real her and fall in love (can you guess who?) and manage to stop the beginning of a war, but there's sacrifice that showed love.

Even though I read this book in two day (I am super reader girl O:) because I was in a rush to read Asunder, it's a very great book. Especially for those bookworms who love The Hunger Games. If you read it, you'll eventually figure out it has that Hunger Games flair with some individuality. I give this book 5 Nerdy Cats. After Asunder, I might read Insurgent or read On Fire by Nancy Holder (It's a Teen Wolf book AAAAH!) And for the Asunder review, I will show you guys a picture of the book I got through the mail and the cute pompom bookmark that Jodi Meadows, herself, made. It's very cute and colorful and since I got it on Valentine's Day, it's also the best Valentine's Day gift I've gotten :)

No comments:

Post a Comment